Within the framework of the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology interest and its continuous support to prepare new scientific cadres that contribute in achieving scientific and technological progress which contributes to the development targeted by the state, the Scientific Research Academy announces Master’s Degree Program in Integrated Chemical and Environmental Technology presented by The Korea International Cooperation Agency.
1. Program Title: Master’s Degree Program in Integrated Chemical Environmental Technology (M-ChET) .
- Stay duration: 17 August 2017 until 31 March 2019 (20 months)
Students are strongly recommended to complete their thesis within their 20 months of stay.
- Academic duration: September 2017 – August 2019 (24 months)
In accordance to the university regulations, the diploma will be issued in August 2019.
3. Degree: Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Specifically designed for government officials from developing countries, the M-ChET program aims to contribute to economic development of these countries .
- Building capacity in the area of developing planning of human resources for Chemical and Environmental Engineering, development cooperation, and adaptation of global climate change with Convergence Technology.
- Strengthening the capability of sustainable environmental development policy of government officials.
- Building human networks between and among the trainees, and representatives of relevant agencies and organizations and understand the importance of economic and cultural cooperation between countries - To learn chemical and environmental engineering for the purpose of promoting economic development and welfare of the country.
- To prepare and write a Master thesis on a subject related to chemical, energy and environmental problems.
Living expenses (tuition fee, dormitory fee, and monthly allowance equivalent to $900), round-trip air-ticket and insurance fee are supported by KOICA and Hankyong National University
6. Language of Instruction: English (written and spoken)
7. Required courses for graduation: 33 credits (11 courses, 2-3 courses per semester)
8. Major courses Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering; Organic Chemistry; Energy and Environmental engineering; Air Pollution and Treatment Technology; and Thesis Research.
9. Accommodations: KOICA International Cooperation Center (ICC), Hankyong National University Dormitory.
Candidates should meet the following qualifications
-Be a citizen of the country which has a cooperative relationship with KOICA.
- Employment in government (Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Agricultures, Ministry of Rural Development, etc.) or related agencies.
- Private sector employees are not eligible. However, if the applicant works in a development non-governmental organization (NGO) or UN-associated organization, he/she can apply on the condition that he/she obtains a recommendation from the government ministry which covers the organization.
- Engineering (CHEM, ME, EE, and BT) Bachelor’s and/or a higher degree from an accredited institution (CHEM: Chemical Engineering, ME: Mechanical Engineering, EE: Environmental Engineering, and BT: Biotechnology).
-Sufficient command of spoken and written English to succeed in a graduate-level academic environment; - Be preferably under 40 years of age.
-Have no previous similar KOICA training.
For more informations about the program from here
Contact Information: Ms. Yasmine Ahmed.
Deadline : 7 April 2017.