Scientific and Cultural Relations
SCR sets up the policies and plans to strengthen the relationship between the Egyptian S&T community and institutions with the counterpart international organizations to disseminate the culture of S&T to encourage the innovation and the inventions in collaboration with the civil society and the relevant authorities of scientific research and culture.
ASRT aims to develop a spirit of creativity and scientific thinking; encouraging community awareness to develop the passion for S&T in the Egyptian children and youth through scientific competitions and the establishment of science clubs models and science museums and travelling exhibitions to promote scientific culture.
SCR is responsible for performing the following functions:
- Supporting the activities of scientific unions and societies in order to play an effective role in promoting scientific research and technology.
- Preparing and follow-up the implementation of S&T cooperation agreements on the global, regional, multilateral or bilateral levels. It is also responsible for fostering the activities of the local NGO's in the fields of S&T.
- Issuing a series of simplified scientific books, EI-Elm magazine (Science magazine) that simplifies scientific facts and demonstrates how S&T provide better services and develop the socio-economic welfare of the society.
- Developing programs to spread knowledge for various categories in the society
- Organization of scientific seminars and lectures on scientific topics related to life of individuals