Regional Development Centers
RDCs are focal points for ASRT in the different regions of the country, in order to spread the activities of ASRT countrywide.
RDCs are equipped with various facilities:
- Conference and meeting rooms as well as training rooms.
- Science Museums.
- Exhibitions for development through research projects in various regional fields.
RDCs are responsible for performing functions:
- Conducting applied and basic research to generate a continuous flow of technologies that help to increase productivity and reduce production cost.
- Transferring of new technologies to the community through extension service and monitoring their adoption by the end users.
- Developing Human capital as a continual process.
- Upgrading technology transfer channels.
- Applying the findings of S&T developed abroad.
- Studying the establishment of incubators models pertaining to the real needs and economical and social situations.
The seven regional centers are:
- The Delta Regional Research Center, Tanta.
- The Zagazig Regional Development Center, Sharqia.
- The Suez Canal Regional Development Center, Ismailia.
- The New Valley Regional Development Center, AI-Kharga City.
- The South Upper Egypt Regional Development Center, Sohag.
- The Elarish Regional Development Center, North Sinai
- Damietta Regional Development Center