Egyptian Science, Technology and Innovation Observatory
ASRT has inaugurated an STI observatory for monitoring progress in science, technology and innovation in Egypt, as part of its efforts to promote the development of a knowledge-based economy and provide decision-makers up-to-date information on scientific and technological trends in order to enable them to effectively engage in policy-making on STI issues. . Egyptian Science, Technology and Innovation observatory (ESTIO) was launched on February 2014.
To be a repository for Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) data and a source of policy analysis in support of evidence based policy making in Egypt.
- hiddenProvide to Egyptian decision-makers up-to-date on scientific and technological trends in order to analyses or justify the planning, financing and management of S&T activities.
- hiddenMonitor Egypt's scientific and technological development.
- hiddenProperly design, measure, analysis, develop, and monitor basic STI indicators using a well-defined and documented methodology
- hiddenComparative analysis with other countries.
- hiddenIdentify and develop a set of specific STI composite index to measure and compare multi-dimensional concepts of science and technology.
- hiddenConduct specific science and technology foresight exercises.
- hiddenMeasure the performance of research centers and universities and measure the needs of industry.
For more information : www.estio.eg.net