Egyptian Science, Technology and Innovation Observatory
Academy of Scientific Research and Technology established Egyptian Science, Technology and Innovation Observatory (ESTIO) in February 2014 by a decree of the president of the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) No. 229 of 2014 as a valuable part of its efforts aiming to enhance the development of knowledge-based economy. ESTIO is a key pillar that helps decision-makers develop policies, analyze and set plans, and manage S&T activities.
ESTIO is the main source of analysis and support of science, technology and innovation policies in Egypt.
Support decision-makers in terms of assessment and management of science, technology and innovation activities in Egypt.
- Provide decision-makers with up-to-date data and modern trends of science, technology and innovation in order to analyze, plan, fund, and manage policies of science, technology and innovation.
- Design, measure, analysis, and develop, STI indicators adopting international standards.
- Develop a set of specific STI composite index to measure the multi-dimensional concepts of science and technology.
- Monitor scientific and technological development in Egypt.
- Conduct specific science and technology foresight exercises.
- Monitor and Evaluate Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Policies
- Measure the performance of research centers and universities, and measure the industrial institutions needs of scientific research.
- Conduct field studies on science, technology and innovation.